A sophisticated and stylish backpack designed with the modern traveler in mind.
Patagonia began as a collection of wayfaring friends, and whether we’re climbing in Chile or surfing the Baja breaks, the miles we’ve traversed have found their way into the design of this sophisticated backpack. Built for the modern traveler, it has a separate laptop compartment that accommodates most 15” laptops and opens like a clamshell to lay flat, eliminating the need to remove your computer for security checks. The zippered, panel-loading main compartment carries larger items like a rain shell, books, and lunch. The smaller, outer compartment holds magazines and a tablet and includes an organizational panel for pens and zip drives. It also features a separate electronics pocket for your phone and earbuds. A zippered front pocket allows quick access to boarding passes, passport and an energy bar; a small, lined pocket on top of the pack protects delicate items. Carrying features include a compression-molded back panel and ergonomic shoulder harness for all-day comfort. An integrated horizontal docking sleeve slides over the telescoping handles of all of our Transport Rollers. Made from 8.4-oz 450-denier recycled PET twill fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and lined with 200-denier polyester.
- Burly recycled polyester twill to withstand global travel
- Zippered panel-loading main compartment; second compartment with organization pockets and electronics pocket; third pocket on front panel for quick access to small items
- Separate laptop compartment opens like a clamshell and lays flat to simplify going through security
- Brushed tricot-lined pocket holds items that are easily scratched
- Compression-molded back panel and ergonomic shoulder harness ensure a comfortable carry
- Webbing handles on top and side for easy handling
- Body: 8.4-oz 450-denier recycled PET twill with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 200-denier polyester
- 839 g (1 lb 14.4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
(durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.