The classic R1® Full-Zip Jacket is a must-have midlayer for the full spectrum of mountain endeavors. Made with Regulator® grid fleece for outstanding stretch, breathability, compressibility and durability.
The R1® Full-Zip Jacket’s popularity among backcountry athletes was inevitable: It stretches, breathes, wicks and warms with ultimate efficiency. And the full-zip front makes it super versatile, from a midlayer in winter to a lightweight jacket on early fall mornings and alpine summer evenings. The finely tuned high/low interior grid polyester fabric (Polartec® Power Dry®) squashes down to practically nothing, has a terrific feel and remains durable and warm. Updates include an improved, technical fit and our new Variable Conditions Cuffs, which have discreet on-seam thumb loops and a spiral stitch construction that lets you push up your sleeves without constricting your forearms. New minimalist zippers reduce bulk, while lightweight micro-grid stretch polyester at the cuffs and armpits enhance breathability and dry times. A soft, kissing-welt zipper garage at the chin gives next-to-skin comfort. Two zippered handwarmer pockets sit above the harness line, with their mesh pocket bags doubling as internal drop-in pockets, and the offset shoulder seams steer clear of pack straps.
- Our classic R1® fleece - with it’s high/low grid pattern for enhanced wicking, airflow and fast dry times - provides excellent stretch, warmth, and durability in a variety of temperatures
- A lighter weight, micro-grid fabric on inner collar, underarm gusset, and Variable Conditions Cuff improves breathability and dry times where you need it most
- A re-engineered pattern offers a refined technical fit; offset seams provide comfort under outerwear and packs
- Center-front Slim-Zip with soft, kissing-welt zipper garage and chin flap for next-to-skin comfort
- Variable Conditions Cuff has discreet, on-seam thumb loops for added coverage, and a spiral stitch construction allows sleeves to push up easily without constricting forearms
- Two high hand pockets have Slim Zip installs, clean finished zipper garages, and are harness- and pack-compatible; two internal drop-in mesh pockets
- Body: 6.8-oz Polartec® Power Dry® 93% polyester (41% recycled)/7% spandex. Inner collar, underarms and cuffs: 5.4-oz Polartec Power Dry 92% polyester (54% recycled)/8% spandex
- 357 g (12.6 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
We recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Regulator Insulation provides phenomenal compressibility, light weight warmth and moisture transport, whether used alone or as part of a layering system.